Banding or uneven lines in a print job is often caused by poor ink flow. Follow these instructions to diagnose the issue.
- Verify that you have enough ink in your bottles.
- Perform a head clean by holding down the ink button for five seconds.
- Print a nozzle check to confirm ink is flowing through the print head.
- Reprint the job.
- If banding still occurs during the print, replace the damper.
- Why do I have to replace the damper?
i. The damper is a small bladder that holds a vacuum through the ink line into the print head. It also acts as a small filter, removing particulate from the ink and preventing it from entering the head and causing a clog. Ink starvation can occur when the filter in the damper is clogged, preventing the flow of ink.